The debt counselling unit of Caritas Switzerland is involved in debt counselling and debt prevention with the intention of creating new prospects for people needing support with managing their finances. It focuses on the following services and activities:
- Free online and telephone consultation together with regional partner organisations.
- Overseeing a decentralised network of around 40 easily accessible debt counselling centres providing quick, straightforward assistance through personal consultation.
- Advising the regional debt units on complex legal issues.
- Providing running financial literacy courses and formulating golden rules for dealing with money.
- Political engagement in partnership with Schuldenberatung Schweiz (the Swiss Debt Counselling Association) in the interests of people affected by debt.
Would you like to support us? Thank you for your donation.